All of our dedicated servers are housed in our wholly-owned datacenter in Royal Oak, Michigan, Liberty Center One. Our 20,000 sq ft. facility offers over 7,800 sq. ft. of safe, secure and flexible data center space. We have multiple layers of redundancy for all critical power, cooling, network and security systems. And we are currently celebrating 100% uptime since our opening in April 2008. For more detailed information, please visit, www.libertycenterone.com
With our dedicated server configurations, we have both operating systems, Linux or Windows, available for your use. If required, you can also add a Hosting Account Control Panel, such as ISPConfig, cPanel, Plesk, Kloxo, WebMin, etc. A control panel provides your server with a web-based interface for managing your server, including creation and management of domains, management of FTP users, management of databases, access to web statistics and much more.
If your hosting solution requires a Windows operating system, through the Microsoft Partner Network we have the ability to provide you with all of your Microsoft licensing needs. During the configuration of your server order, you will have the opportunity to add-on Windows OS licenses (2003 & 2008). If you require additional Microsoft licensing (MS-SQL, Exchange, Sharepoint, etc.), please contact us for the most up-to-date pricing.
Some dedicated server clients, prefer to procure their own products, licenses, softwares, etc. Once deployed, your team will have full access to your machine to install these products. Our support team is always available for assistance for installing these products as well as discussions on their compatibility.
Possible Configurations for a Dedicated Server
- Dedicated Web Server: This is typically a server dedicated to handling the needs of a single company. It can handle your website(s), email, e-commerce functions, and much more. The server can also handle spam and virus filtering, DNS, and more.
- Dedicated Hosting Server for Resellers: We have many web hosting companies who use our dedicated servers to manage their hosting businesses. They put all of their client’s websites, email and other applications on one or more of our servers. These servers handle spam filtering, virus filtering, databases, e-commerce sites, site certificates (SSLs) and much more.
- Windows Terminal Server: Install a complete suite of Microsoft Office Products on your server. This lets your users access the server and the basic software programs from any location. This configuration provides a single server for all of your clients providing savings on the hardware and software costs.
- File Server: Configure a file server so that all of your clients/employees can access this one server as if it were a shared E: drive on their own computers. Configure a firewall and VPNs for enhanced security.
- Application Developer: You can install your specialized applications on our server and then make these applications available to your customers. By locating your applications on our equipment in our data center, you do not have to worry about the hardware and/or network issues. You are free to concentrate on the software and sales side of your business.
- SharePoint Applications: Install FrontPage and SharePoint applications on your server so you can take advantage of these great applications.
- Database Applications: Install database applications on any multiple core servers with RAID, redundant connections, backup services and more. Database options include mySQL, MS SQL (Express, Workgroups, Standard and Enterprise Editions).
- Basic FTP Server: This configuration is popular with advertising, printing, and other media organizations who need to quickly and efficiently share files. Create anonymous or password restricted upload directories so your vendors and customers can share files with you in a simple and secure manner.
- Browser Based FTP Server: Configure your server so your customers have the ability to upload files using their browser, without having knowledge or programs for ftp. This is a great tool for getting the efficiency of file sharing withyour vendors and customers who may not have the FTP utilities.
- Dedicated Mail Server: Once the server is deployed you and your team have full access to your server to configure your mail solution based on your specific needs, including your installation of your mail software solution.
- Dedicated Mail Server (Linux): This mail server operates on Linux, based on the iRedMail free email solution, and offers multiple domains and large mailbox sizes and large file attachments. It also uses RBLs, blacklists and whitelists to reduce SPAM, does antivirus and SPAM labeling, offers webmail, and much more. You can easily put hundreds of mailboxes on a single server. We have built mail server systems that handle thousands of mailboxes.
- DNS Server (Linux): This server setup is for maintaining redundant DNS servers in multiple geographically diverse locations.
- Additional Functions: Your team will have full access to the server to configure based on your custom requirements.
Enhanced Services Available for Dedicated Servers
There are a variety of enhanced services available to support additional functionality, redundancy, and more for your dedicated servers.
- Windows Operating System: We offer Windows Server 2003 and 2008, Web, Standard and Enterprise Editions.
- Daily Backup: We offer daily backup services to a separate server. We can also configure a nightly rsync from your primary hard disk to a secondary hard disk.
- Microsoft Software: We are a Microsoft Partner. We offer additional Microsoft software and applications such as SQL Server, Exchange, Office, Project, Terminal Server, SharePoint, and much more.
- Operating System Maintenance: We can apply updates and security patches to your Operating System for you.
- DNS Services: Domain Name Services to manage your zone files (host records, MX records, etc.).
- Additional IP addresses: IP addresses are available as needed.
- Hosting Account Control Panels: Choose from ISPConfig, cPanel, Plesk, Kloxo, WebMin, iRedMail or install your own.
- Server Monitoring: We monitor your server 24/7 and can send you text messages to report server statuses.
- Custom Installations: We can assist you with the installation of specific applications on your server.
- Additional Bandwidth Commitments: All of our bandwidth connections are burstable and measured using the 95th percentile method. You can increase or decrease your monthly bandwidth commitment as needed.
- Firewall Protection: Protect yourself from hacks and attacks from the Internet. Personal Firewall / VPN available for Dedicated Servers. Essential for Windows Servers.
- Disaster Recovery: We can assist you with setting up a server to failover to in the event of a disaster at other datacenter locations
- Managed Hosting: Our support team is available to help manage your specific hosting configuration. They can provide support for specific items or the entire configuration.